Registration Deadline Has been Extended!
Tennis Edmonton has extended registration and the deadline will now be Sunday May 28 at midnight.
Schedules will be avaialble on Wednesday May 31, 2017. League play will begin on June 4, 2017 with Mixed Doubles.
Here are the steps for registering for the upcoming 2017 Interclub Season:
1. Go to "Leagues"
2. Serach for the division you wish to play in. You can play in more than one division, but you will have to register for each one separately.
3. You have an option of registering an entire team or as an individual. Select your option.
4. If you are registering a team then:
a. Click on option to Register a Different Team
b. Enter the Team Name
c. Enter your current club
5. If you are registering as an individual:
a. Select the appropriate registration option
b. Select "Looking for a Team" from thr drop down box
c. Enter your current club
6. Once you have filled in the information, you will sent to the payment page. You are now able to pay through PayPal.
7. Registration will not be complete until payment has been received.
8. If registering as a team, you will have to invite your additional players to add them. Go to "My Team" on the menu bar and then use the option to Invite Players. Add their names and emails and they will be sent a link to join the team.
If you have any questions, please use the "Contact Us" form on the website homepage.
2017 Edmonton Interclub Information
Looks like Spring has finally sprung! And that means its time for Edmonton Interclub!
There are going to be a few changes for the upcoming season. Tennis Edmonton felt it was time to modify how we run things. We know not everyone is on board for change, but we ask that you bear with us.
1. Teams will consist of 2-4 players (minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 players)
2. There will be four  match days:
a. Women’s Doubles (Tuesday nights)
b. Men’s Doubles (Wednesday nights)
c. Women’s AM Doubles (Wednesday mornings)
d. Mixed Doubles (Sunday afternoons)
3. Match days will consist of four  teams playing a one  set round robin (first team to win 6
games, by 2. If teams are tied at 6-6, a nine  point tiebreak will be played. The tiebreak is
first team to five  points and you do not have to win by 2 points). So each team will
play each team for a total of three  sets.
4. Balls will be provided for ALL matches. Teams will be notified five  days before their first
first match as to when and where to pick up their allotment.
5. Due to uncertainty as to the number of teams registering and availability of courts, the match
schedule will consist of a 3-4 week Seeding Round. After the Seeding Round, teams will be
put into appropriate divisions and a 5-6 week Regular Season will played. Current Divisions
offered by Tennis Edmonton Interclub are 3.0, 4.0 & 5.0.
6. The 2017 Season will consist of up to ten  match days with two  additional match days
set aside for rain-outs.
7. Rules for the 2017 Season will be amended and posted on the Tennis Edmonton website by
May 10, 2017.
8. Playoffs will change as well. Tennis Edmonton wants everyone to have a chance to play
after the regular season is complete.
a. If division has 6 teams, the Top 4 teams will play in A Playoffs and bottom 2 teams will play
in B Playoffs.
b. If division has 8 teams, the Top 4 teams will play in A Playoffs and bottom 4 teams will play
in B Playoffs.
c. If division has 12 teams, the he Top 4 teams will play in A Playoffs, middle 4 teams will
play in B Playoffs and bottom 4 teams will play in C Playoffs.
9. Fees for the 2017 season will be $120/team. Individual Player Fees will be dependant on the
number of players on a team. $30/player (team of 4 players), $40/player (team of 3 players)
and $60/player (team of 2 players).
10. Registration and payment of fees will all be done through the Tennis Edmonton website.
There will be multiple options for Individual fees.
11. Players are required to be a member of one of the Interclub Member Clubs in order to be
eligible to play. However, teams do not have to consist of players from the same club. You
can make up your own teams for the upcoming season. Tennis Edmonton wants everyone
to have the opportunity to play.
12. Open players are not permitted to participate in Interclub. Tennis Edmonton will be using
current Tennis Canada Rankings to ensure players are in the correct divisions.
Tennis Edmonton asks that players use their best judgement to ensure they register in the
13. Playoff winners in each division will be given specially made Champions T-shirts.
14. Tennis Edmonton will host a Year End Wrap Up Party in September. Details will be provided
once available. Winners awards will be presented at the event.
15. Registration will be active on Tuesday May 9 at midnight and will stay open until Tuesday
May 23 at midnight. The Tennis Edmonton website is https://www.tennisedmonton.ca
16. If you have any questions or concerns, please use the “Contact Us” form on the Tennis
So, get your teams together and let’s make 2017 a great year for Interclub Tennis in Edmonton!!
Paypal is Working
May 19, 2017 3:21pm
Paypal issues have been resolved.
Interclub Provincials Update
The Inaugural Alberta Cup will be held at the Red Deer Tennis Club on Saturday October 1.
Teams representing clubs from Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer will be competing for Provincial bragging rights. The clubs will be playing a Double Elimination Tournament in the one day event.
The Alberta Cup is up for grabs as well. Teams will accumulate points for wins during the tournament for their city. The city with the most total points after the tournament will win the Alberta Cup. This will be an annual trophy awarded to the top city at Provincials.
Stay tuned with more details. There will be a tournament website and results will be posted during the day.
Good luck to all the teams participating (especially Edmonton!!).
May 3, 2017 - Interclub Meeting
May 29, 2017 - 2017 Interclub Season Start
August 20, 2017 - Regular Season Ends
August 21, 2017 - Playoffs Begin
August 28, 2017 - Finals Week
September 9-10, 2017 - Interclub Provincials (Location & Details TBD)
September 16, 2017 - Interclub Wrap Up Party (Location TBD)
November 8, 2017 - Interclub Annual Wrap Up Meeting
We're here to answer any questions. Give us a shout!
Click venue below to highlight on map and see upcoming events